Functional Skills are the essential skills needed for life, and are vital for young people and adults to participate in life, learning and work. They were introduced in September 2010 and officially replaced Key Skills in England in October 2012.
Feligrace offers nationally recognised certificates from E1 to level 2, (whichever level is right for you), instilling the skills that will enable you to gain the confidence and ability to use maths both at work and at home.
All our learners are given an initial assessment and a diagnostic test to ensure that they are studying at the right level.
The course content includes:
- Working with numbers (adding, subtracting, multiplying, dividing)
- Fractions, decimals, percentages and ratios
- Common measures (money, time, length, weight, capacity)
- Shape and space, reading charts, tables and graphs.
This is all based around three main stands:
- Representing – identifying problems and choosing the maths needed to solve them.
- Analysing – applying the maths and checking the answers.
- Interpretation – draw conclusions and communicate the results.
How long does it take to complete?
It can take between 8 -14 weeks to complete the course. However, we can tailor our courses to individual learners for a more flexible approach if required.
How will I be assessed?
You will be assessed by undertaking an online or paper test governed by an accredited awarding body.
How much would I have to pay?
The amount you would have to pay would depend on your personal circumstances and the level of course that you undertake. However you might be eligible for funding and would therefore be able to take this course free of charge. Please get in touch with us to find out more.
What are the entry requirements?
There are no formal entry requirements and you will be assessed to ensure that you are on the right level for your abilities.