We recognise that sound business management must take into account the effects of our business on the environment and we are committed to conducting our business in an environmentally responsible manner.
Our senior management, environmental management
team and employees have a responsibility for the environment and
sustainability, which we will endeavour to influence, incorporate and promote
within our operations and the services we provide.
We are committed to complying with all applicable compliance requirements to achieve high standards of sustainable development in all areas of our business. We continually seek to ensure that our activities are carried out with minimal impact on the environment, to enhance the environment wherever possible and are committed to the prevention of pollution.
We encourage partnership with commissioners and stakeholders, including the community, our network of supply chain partners, suppliers, customers, and employees to be accountable for the impact of their actions upon the environment, and by setting annual targets, to strive for continual improvement.
Our aim is to develop, maintain, monitor and implement policies, procedures and management systems which assess and minimise the environmental impact of our operations, particularly in relation to:
- Sustainable Procurement of Goods & Services
- Consumption of Materials & Resources
- Efficient Energy Management
- Following Best Practice in Waste Management
- Efficient Logistics Management
- Control of Discharges & Emissions
Progress in meeting our sustainable development objectives will be communicated regularly in Management meetings, via Employee Forums and via the staff intranet. Information is also cascaded externally to promote and influence our Supply chain partners.
Sustainable Development Management
Our daily business encompasses a wide range of processes from the sourcing of products and services to the delivery of internal and external services.
The three principal elements of this activity most likely to impact on the environment are:
- The consumption of fossil fuels is a consequence of all business activities, including the heating and lighting of premises, as well as fuel used for transportation.
- The use of resource materials, whether for the products we purchase and distribute internally or the use of maintenance and cleaning materials within our offices.
- Waste management including waste arising from materials used within Feligrace, such as office waste and the disposal of end of life products and waste generated by our clients on placements and work experience projects.
Environmental Management System (EMS) Team
The EMS team is responsible for driving forward our environmental objectives and targets. The team consists of senior managers and key members of staff around the organisation that have a major influence over business activities.
The overall objective of the team is to improve and sustain our business operations for the benefit of all, both now and for future generations, recognising the links between the environment and the local communities we serve, for employability and skills services and the further development of an inclusive society.
This policy is endorsed by the Senior Management Team.